Friday, December 2, 2011

How can I train between hockey games without burning myself out?

I play hockey (either game or practice) at least 4 times a week, but I want to get better, so I want to train and workout on my own as well as with the team, but how can I do that without burning myself out if I play hockey a few days in a row, then I can't workout 'cause I'll get overworked, so what can be my solution to getting more fit without killing myself?|||You can't have both cakes and eat it. Which is it that you want?|||to stay toned go for a short jog or run maybe a few times around a track. play a pickup game of basketball with friends or just some street hockey in the driveway it keeps you loosened up. if your muscles rest for too long they tighten up and become harder to use and or work out. having loose muscles allows you too gain strength much more easily. also i suggest if you have a net of anysort or even take some tape and put it on your gargae door in the shape of a net. just shoot at the corners for a few minutes or even hours. it improves in game shooting a lot. it becomes habit to shoot for those points which are weak spots of the goalie. especially with todays butterfly goaltending stlye where they all drop to the ice no matter what a good hard and fast wrist shot can go a long way.|||To avoid burnout on game-intensive weeks, work on improving your balance or play games that improve your hand-eye coordination (like learning how to juggle, stickhandling a golf ball or playing lacrosse). On easier weeks, you can fill a backpack with books and run stairs. This will improve your lactic acid tolerance (that burning feeling in your legs near the end of your shift).





Good luck!|||how about working out in the off season like a normal person

No comments:

Post a Comment