Friday, December 2, 2011

What ice hockey helmet is rated highest for safety?

I am getting back into ice hockey after a head injury, and I would like to purchase the best helmet I can to protect myself. The highest price doesn't mean the best protection. What brands are the best for safety? What features should I look for? I currently have a basic Bauer, child-size large. (I am petite.)|||My recommendation for you would be the Cascade CHX helmet. It is probably the most protective helmet out there with technology specifically designed to prevent concussions and head injuries. It is also pretty easy to find, websites such as hockeymonkey or icewarehouse carry them in stock. You don't win big on style points with this helmet but it does its job. Another alternative is the NikeBauer 8500 helmet, although this helmet probably is not as good as the Cascade in terms of protection. Hope this helps!|||depending how much you have to spend. go look at the eastons. the S9 runs at 60-70 dollars. then the S17 runs at 140 along with the NikeBauer 9500. those are the best that you can pick up at a local pro shop or hockey shop. if you are going to order. order a cascade,

No comments:

Post a Comment