Friday, December 2, 2011

How do I find out how much my hockey trading cards are worth and what's the best way to go about selling them?

I have a few thousand hockey trading cards from the early 90's and late 80's that I'm looking to get rid of. I'm just wondering how to assess their worth.|||I would check eBay first. They have virtually everything and it will tell you what they are currently being sold for. It is what I did for my 80's basket ball cards.|||Pick yourself up a beckett hockey magazine, they publish hockey card price guides every month. For a more complete guide there is another one (also by beckett I think) that comes out every year and has more cards.





A lot of cards from the early 90's are nearly worthless, for the most part pro-set and score cards are not worth much at all (except the star players cards) Cards from that era that will be worth the most would be rookie cards, so you could have a few good cards (so don't just sell them all for the same price)





You could take the cards into a hobby shop and have someone who know's something about the cards pick out the ones that are worth money, and you could sell them to the shop. They probably would not want the common cards





If you are looking to make money from the commons you could donate them to a hospital. Say you have 1000 common cards, and the price of these cards according to beckett is 10 cents each. If you donate them then you could claim $100 on your taxes as a donation ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment