Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How would you analyze data from a hockey season for a statistics project?

I've already found the average wins, losses, and OT losses. I also used a confidence interval to figure out how many games they would win in the first half of their season. But as this is a project, I need something more. What else can I do for a statistics class with the stats from one hockey season?|||I know you said from one season, but is there a way you could go back to previous seasons and test your information. For example, you have constructed a confidence interval for wins, could you look at the last three years and determine if the Confidence Interval contains the number of wins they actually had. Other possibilities would be to test wins and losses against the first goal scored, or see if there is such a thing as a win streak (is a win more likely after another win?) Hope this helps and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment