Thursday, November 24, 2011

How would you attract a professional hockey team to Indianapolis?

And by professional, I don't necessarily mean the NHL. Anyone familiar with hockey in Indy knows that we have had several minor league teams over the years, and currently have an amateur junior league team. I'm in favor of getting a pro minor league team back again. How would you make that happen?|||Years ago my grandfather used to own the Checkers and the Racers. He also had the Owls over in Columbus, and the Pittsburgh Penguins for awhile in the late 70's. He never did it for the money. Look at the team we had to field in the NFL to sell out games. Indy is a long way away from supporting Hockey at a profitable level. We are the biggest fair weather fans in the nation. If a local resident loves the game, and has the money to burn. Thats our only chance.|||Coach Scott can be my coach any day. I will skate through a brick wall for beer and sluts.|||I would never have said that Columbus, Ohio would have a pro team before Indianapolis. Nothing against either city, it's just that Indy already has the Pacers and Colts and would seem a likely place for an expansion team.





In lieu of an NHL team I think the AHL should consider placing a team there. The Ice were the last team that I can recall playing there.|||They've had hockey there a few times. It didn't work, I doubt anyone will be dumb enough to try again.|||For starters, don't tell Nelson Scalbania what you have in mind. He might want in on it and you don't want that. Is he even alive still?


I don't get it, hockey should work in Indy, wonder why it never really caught on. Good luck.|||It's a bit of a struggle people think of Indy as a car mecca and when you say hockey they think of a failed WHA franchise that sold Gretzky, kinda hard to live that down even after all this time.|||Put bums in seats for the team you already have.|||With beer and sluts.

1 comment: