Thursday, November 24, 2011

What are some ways i can become a better hockey player?

I'm a decent hockey player at best. I'm probably the worst player on my varsity hockey team. I think my hugest problem is that i'm slow, so can anyone throw out some ideas of how to become a quicker, faster skater? Any other ideas on increasing my skill levels would help also.|||Hockey, hockey, hockey. I am a hockey player too and I have been playing since I was 12, I am 18 now and I am probably one of the worst on the team. I feel I can never catch up. So.. I went to my coaches and approached them and they gave me some pointer. They told me to take longer strides, push back further with my skates, quick steps are only useful for the beginning of your take off. You need to push as hard as you can when taking these long strides, have your skates on the ice as long as you can before you take another. It takes time, but it will help you out. Don't worry, it sounds like you are already on the right track by asking for help. Another thing you can do is to talk to your own coach about it, he wants his or her players to do well, so chances are he or she will jump at the chance to give you some pointers. Good luck.|||well the chick above me is at times correct ok you want to really be fast then this is what you need to do first you need to work out off the ice like alot of sprints and alot of running also for quicker feet use a ladder if you dont know what that is ask your coach. When on the ice try to skate as hard as you can i know it can be hard a times but if you challenge yourself you will see improvements. Remember off ice is a very important factor in your overall performance.





p.s im a semi pro hockey player I know what im talking about|||Sprints...jumps....Do jumps one footed up stairs one at a time then move up to two then three....Speed = explosion. when you weight train explode going up on squats or presses. When you sprint realize the start is the key, main problem with players is usually acceleration not speed. Finally make sure your stride is right. If your not using your edges right then you will never get the speed u want|||simply get all the ice time you get get.


drop ins, stick %26amp; puck, open skating.. ect.


during practice make sure you give it all.


skate until you fall over %26amp; over %26amp; over.


if you don't throw yourself out there you'll never improve.


*get out of your comfort zone*|||get offline and start skating|||just skate a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment