Thursday, November 24, 2011

What are the best seats at a hockey arena?

I know nothing about hockey and I'm planning on taking my boyfriend to a hockey game for part of his Valentine's Day present. I was about to buy the tickets online, I realized I have no clue what seats to buy.





It looks like the top would give the best view, probably at one of the ends. But I'm inexperienced, so, asking someone who DOES know which seats to get...





So, what should I get?|||Lower bowl are the most expensive, asides from luxury boxes of course, with prices going down as the levels go up.





The height really isn't too important, the most important thing to get if you can is the middle/center ice area if possible. On the side of the players benches is a plus too but not necessary.





If you can't get the middle, try and get the end where the home team will be shooting twice (periods 1 %26amp; 3)|||Center ice.





I prefer the 2nd bowl from the 1st as it gives you a higher vantage point and a better over all view of the ice. If you are too low you can't get the width of the rink very well. That is the problem with TV coverage.





The end zones were exciting before they put up the netting. You had to be prepared to duck for cover.





The nose bleed seats are far up, but you get a good view of the action on a whole and the people in these seats are more fun and interesting.|||Which team(arena)? At HSBC I prefer the 200's close to center ice.... perfect seats.





If you go to the team or arena's website, most will have a things where you can see the view from any seat in the arena which would be helpful while choosing seats. My personal preference is that you don't go too low(lower than row 10). If you go too low then it is hard to see at the other end of the rink, and if you get seats in a corner, try to get seats where your favorite team shoots twice.





Example- for HSBC Arena in Buffalo http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/buffalo_sabre鈥?/a>|||I've only been to a handful of games but I really liked the middle ice seats... That way no matter what end the play is in you still have an alright vantage point... I think it's largely opinion tho.





Hell, if you're buying your boyfriend hockey tickets he'll be very happy no matter where they are.|||The most important thing is to try to get ones as close to the middle as possible. If you get ones at one end, it becomes very hard to see what's happening at the other end. Lower bowl are generally better than upper bowl, but I find it's usually not worth the price difference.|||My personal favorites are 2nd deck, center ice, first row, across from the benches. For the price of some lower deck seats, I don't think they are worth it compared to upper deck. Just try for center ice whenever you get them.





However, if he's like me... just being there is all that matters. So, if he isn't happy... gimme a call haha.|||Believe me, don't get an end. (There's a mesh net to keep the puck from going into the crowd)





I'd say go center ice, on one of the upper levels, front row.





It may be kinda expensive, but it'll be totally worth it!








Just curious, but what team are going to see???|||Center Ice. Lower bowl is not bad, but that's when you start fanning out the the crappier parts of the ice. I like paying for the cheap ticket to sit center ice higher up to where you can see everything that goes on. I love to see plays develop from there.|||my favorite seats are right above the top of the glass, in the center of the sides. so middle bowl, middle section.|||Sky box sets are the best but they cost a lot more money


Usually high lower bowl sets or low upper bowl sets are also good


I would go with high lower bowl|||Mine are at centre ice, about 10 rows up from the home team's bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment