Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What ice hockey skates would you recommend me to buy?

I need some decent skates that are not too expensive. Also, what are some good brands you would recommend? I've been on the ice for some time and I've always used rental skates. I was wondering if there was a difference when skating with actual hockey skates rather than rental skates? Also, i'm a male.|||@ Carly: I think the CCM U+crazy light is way too expensive lol...



What is exactly your budget? If you want something cheap and decent, I'd recommend the CCM Intruders, the V1.0 or the Custom 01. You can get them for around 50 dollars. I don't personally like Bauer because their skates tend to be made pretty narrow, and I have wide feet. If you like or is used to Bauer though, you might want to check out the Supreme Pro or the Ignite 22, they are light and approximately 70 bucks. Both can be found at your local sports/hockey store or a department store.



The rental skates, to add to what has been said are not always taken care like it should be (sharpening etc), they might have older models that are slightly heavier than normal an as many people have wore them, the padding isn't always protective enough.



When you buy new skates, the padding will fit the shape of your feet (you might need to bake them). As opposed to rental skates that might not be comfortable especially in the insole area if you have flat or deep feet.|||Rental skates are like rental shoes at the bowling alley: Poor quality, Sweated in


by numerous ppl, some of whom may have poor hygiene. Having your own skates


makes an improvement in comfort, performance .. they can be fitted to your feet ..


not someone else's. As for brand / model, see what fits you. Bring the socks or at


least in the same style as what you plan on wearing while skating. Good luck eh !!


Oh and don't be surprised if you fit at least 1 size smaller than your regular shoes.|||Here is what I would do. I would go to your local hockey skate store. I would get a person there who knows what he (or she) is doing and take their advice. Or, I would talk to my coach. I would never, ever take the advice of random people that you have never met or are unlikely to meet on something like that. Just sayin'....|||Bauer X:05's if your not skating much.





I don't know what you mean by rental skates? You mean the skates they rent out for the fake ice in the south? if it's at a actual rink they should be just cheap hockey skates.|||U+Crazy Light CCM :)





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKTvD3LRS鈥?/a>|||Bauer Nice skates|||bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment