Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What weight training excercises are good for hockey?

Im playing high school hockey and i wanna work out for 3 months before my season starts. How many times a week should i go to the gym and also what weight excercises should i do?|||you want to work legs (obviously) such as leg lifts, squats, stationary bike





core- abs, obliques you should know exercises for these


upper body- biceps curls, triceps kickbacks, chest bench, shoulders lifts and flies, wrists curls, back power clean





well you should try to get to the gym at least 3 to 4 times a week i like to workout everyday but that's not always convenient|||i usually workout three times a week and i usually do both upper and lower body the same, but i had my dad build me a russian box for strides. go to www.hockeyshot.com and go to plyometrics machines and scroll down to the russian box and it really helps me.





My older brother told me that you dont have to have a whole bunch of muscle to play hockey you have to get your technics down and you would be fine. So far i am not the strongest on my team and also a girl but i am on of the best on my team cuz i use technics not muscle.|||SQUATS DEADLIFTS BENCHPRESS HANGCLEANS FRONT SQUATS SNATCHES along with any agility excercises such as squats on a stability ball, lunges, or crabwalk jumps. LOTS OF ABS AND LOWER BACK plus running long distance and doing sprints especially sprints, get on the bike as well and do forearm excercies to help with your shooting power, try not to get to bulky you gotta stay flexible and fast|||You're going to want to work on your core and legs. You can do almost any ab and/or leg workout. I suggest doing wall sits and twisting and/or passing a medicine ball.|||You want to work on sprints because hockey is a fast sport. I went to this one hockey camp where we did squats as we walked up hills...backwards.|||really work on ur endurence strength upper body legs

No comments:

Post a Comment