Thursday, November 24, 2011

What is the most reliable hockey equipment?

I still have time to shop but I am going to get my son brand new equipment come next season and i was just wondering what every one's personal oppion is on the more durable ice hockey gear is? What brands tend to last longer? Skates, gloves, pants? I am thinking of going with the top of the line skates but are they really any better then a cheeper brand?|||Get a few opinions at local Hockey stores. What position does he play? How many games a year will he play? What is his age? What kind of money are you looking to spend? Knowledgable sales people should be able to determine what is best, based upon your and your sons current situation!


Also, ask him (assuming he is already a player), he knows what he likes!


If he is a beginner, just get him reliable equipment and let him learn what he likes as he evolves!|||I've decided to move to Easton, after all the skate problems I was having with ccm. Now the only thing I have that isn't Easton, is my helmet.|||I have had CCM, Sherwood, Easton, Bauer, it all seems to last... The only piece of equipment I usually change do to wear is gloves.. for some reason the palms never last... I also think you need to see how equipment fits..I have noticed that the same size equipment can vary from company to company... Recently I tried on $500 mission (fuel) skates, and they hurt my feet.. so.. I went with the Bauer Vapor XXV they just felt better, and were almost half the price....





Try this website when you start looking www.hockeygiant.com.. they have some good deals...|||Jofa, always Jofa.|||I'm very partial to Bauer, I've used a lot of their stuff that I still use from 7years ago (and still very brand new). I have Jofa elbow pads, Bauer shins and Shoulders, I use Christian Pants (really like Louisville too but not sure if they make them anymore) My gloves are Christian and my helmet is RBK. I love the helmet, used to use all Bauer stuff but this is the most comfortale helmet I have ever ever worn in my 24 years of playing!! When it comes to skates don't go cheap, unless your son is growing like a weed and wil only be in the skates for half a year. Then I would go with used skates until he slows his growing down or money isn't a big deal.|||I think this is all based on personal experience. I really like CCM for example. just try out different brands and see what you like. Some ppl will say RBK is the best and another guy will be like I had a pair of RBK skates that sucked... you know what I mean. Good luck though...|||Easton is always good and look at Bauer also

No comments:

Post a Comment